Root Canal Treatment
Learn more and request your appointment below!
What is Root Canal Treatment?
If a tooth nerve chamber becomes infected by decay, or exposed by accident or other reasons, root canal treatment is often the only way to save your tooth.
Inside your tooth’s hard outer shell is a nourishing pulp containing nerve and blood vessels, lymph vessels. The root canal allow these vessels and nerves to extend to the bone.
Deep tooth decay, or injury can cause serious damage with or without infection to the pulp’s nerves and vessels. Root canal, also known as Endodontic, treatment cleans out the infected pulp chamber and canals.
Some indications of the need for root canal treatment may be:
- Spontaneous pain or throbbing
- Pain while biting or chewing
- Sensitivity to hot and cold
- Severe decay or injury that causes an abscess (infection) in the bone surrounding the tooth
We will make every effort to ensure your comfort during root canal treatment in our Burnaby or Vancouver office. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Our concern is your comfort and confidence. Our goal is to help you keep your natural teeth as long as possible.
Root canal therapy (Endodontics) treats disorders of the nerve (pulp) of the tooth. Years ago, a tooth with a diseased or infected nerve had to be removed. In over 95 percent of these cases today, however, this is no longer true. We believe in saving teeth (instead of extracting them) and we will make every effort to save yours for as long as possible!
“Root canal treatment” or root canal therapy is often straightforward procedure to relieve dental pain and save teeth. Patients usually need root canal treatment when there is infection or irreversible inflammation in the roots of a tooth. During root canal treatment appointment, your dentist after completely numbing the tooth, carefully re-moves the nerve inside the tooth. Then dentist cleans and disinfects the root canals and places a special filling material to seal the root canals.
The cost of root canal treatment varies depending on the situation of the tooth, number of roots and canals and so on. We can provide the estimate before proceeding with the treatment.
Facts about root canal therapy:
- Root canal treatment or Root Canal therapy is the procedure to remove nerves from the pulp of a tooth painlessly.
- It is often pain-relieving treatment.
- The procedure often referred to as root canal treatment is called Endodontic therapy.
- Root canal treatment or therapy costs vary, but it is a less costly option than having a tooth removed and replaced with a crown or bridge.
Root canal treatment, also known as endodontic therapy, is often a painless and routine dental treatment for removing infection from inside a tooth. It can also protect the tooth from future infections. Treatment takes one appointment, but if there are curved canals, multi-canals, or large infections, could take one or two additional appointments.
What are the Root Canal Treatment steps?
Root canal therapy is done in a few steps, and it takes between one and three appointments to complete.
- Cleaning the root canal: First, the dentist numbs the tooth completely and removes everything that is inside the root canal. With the patient under local anesthesia, and very comfortable, the dentist makes a small access hole on the surface of the tooth and removes the infected or inflamed or dead pulp tissue.
- Filling the canal: Next, the dentist cleans, widens and shapes and disinfects the canal or canals. Front teeth normally have one canal, premolars 1 or 2, and molars between 2-5 canals. Using tiny files and irrigation solutions the dentist cleans them all. Then, the root canals is filled with a special filling material called ‘sealers’, which are used to seal the canals completely. After root canal therapy, the tooth is not vital. The patient will no longer feel any pain in that tooth because the nerve tissue has been removed, and the infection has been eliminated.
- Adding a crown or filling: The tooth will be now drier and more fragile than it was before. The tooth will become more brittle, so a crown or filling offers great protection. Before a Crown is placed permanently, the patient should avoid chewing or biting on the tooth which had the Root canal treatment. Once the Crown is done, the patient can enjoy using the tooth as before.
We strive to...
Treat you the same way we like to be treated
Educate ourselves by exceeding the continuing education credits required
Invest in dental technology and supplies
Challenge ourselves and our team to be the best
Insurance & Billing
We accept all major insurance providers and can direct bill your provider for your convenience. Please contact our friendly staff to learn more about Insurance & Billing.
Why Choose Our Practice
Kind & Hospitable
You can talk to us. We will ease your anxiety and assure that you are fully informed by answering all of your questions. When all is said and done, we can even have fun.
We Embrace Change
We know that dentistry is not what is used to be. At Parkview Dental we embrace technology to ensure that your visit is as comfortable as possible.
Over 250 Google Reviews!
We value what you have to say and we constantly work to satisfy your needs. Our quality of service is because of you and your great feedback. We are proud to have over 250 Google reviews.
We Love Our Patients!
Our reviews are censured by the dental college - please click on the links to view our Google listing and RateMD listing. We love reading all of the positive feedback we get! We are proud to have over 250 Google reviews 🙂
We are so thankful to have such amazing patients who have taken the time to share their experiences on Google, Facebook, RateMDs, and other online sources.
Dentist @ False Creek
Contact us and let us help you achieve your smile goals today.
3665 Kingsway #230
Vancouver, BC V5R 5W2
Mon: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tues: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wed: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Thur: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
© 2021 Parkview Dental
Built with Connect the Doc