Orthodontics is one of the specialized fields of dentistry. It is concerned with the growth and development of the dentition and the treatment of dental irregularities which can occur.
To produce a nice smile it takes a team effort. That is why your family dentist and Vancouver orthodontist work as a team on your behalf in the treatment of dental abnormalities, bad bites (malocclusion) and crooked teeth are usually corrected by an orthodontist. Abnormalities of the jaw are usually corrected by an oral surgeon. When both conditions exist, it is common to find an orthodontist and oral surgeon working together. This teamwork approach to complex dental/facial problems is providing better oral health for thousands of adults and children. These thousands are rewarded with straight teeth, bright smiles and facial symmetry — a beauty of shape, form and position.
How Orthodontics Help?
- Increase self esteem by improving appearance
- Decrease the likelihood of gum disease and premature loss of teeth by relieving stress on gums and bones which results when teeth do not meet properly
- Eliminate speech problems caused by protruding or misaligned teeth
- Help reduce and treat jaw joint difficulties – TMJ
- Lower the incidence of decay in crowded, overlapping teeth which can become food trap areas
- Make the jawbone develop so there is less need to extract adult teeth
- Help correct poorly grown jaws in adults with combination Orthodontics and jaw surgery.
Contact Parkview Dental Vancouver today to find out if you need orthodontic services.
Contact us and let us help you achieve your smile goals today.
3665 Kingsway #230
Vancouver, BC V5R 5W2
Mon: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tues: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wed: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Thur: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
© 2021 Parkview Dental
Built with Connect the Doc